Scaredy Dave: Episode 2 Scaredy Dave: Episode 2

Great series ! :) The music really hooked me, and yea I'm sure there is a logical explanation for everything happening !

Bed time, a scary short Bed time, a scary short

Thats the carpet pattern from the shining isn't it ? :)

johnathan-wrathborne responds:

Yep.

Zoinks Zoinks

My flash plugin crashed for this ? I'm disappoint.

Battle for Wayland Keep Battle for Wayland Keep

yea

Very nice indeed. Its cool to see how you take on your fantasy to such projects :)

Shad's Army Scrapbook Shad's Army Scrapbook

oh yea

reminds me to get a new A4 sketchbook :D
What an awesome brutal sketchfest !

Will they still hand you a weapon if they knew your fantasies lol D:

TheShadling responds:

TOO LATE!

Saturday Night Bloodfest Saturday Night Bloodfest

oh well

Its this game again.

Technically well made beside the glitches. THe graphics are appealing too but thats all. Yet another top down shooter. How about bigger levels than 1 screen, how about features like vehicles or moving platforms or whatever.

Shades of Green Shades of Green

yea

I like this a lot, electronic feeling and trance elements in balance. :)

The mighty mountains of Midguard The mighty mountains of Midguard

For a first digital landscape it's pretty neat.

First thing for depth would be a background color. A bright desaturated blue for example. So the bright hills get some more contrast.
And it needs stronger shadows if the sun is in a position like this. Like in the bottom right corner, that looks good already.
Coming back to the blue sky, you can use that blue in small quantities as haze in the riverbed to show the distance.
I always start with a background color that represents the atmosphere.
And you might want to look at reference pictures, googling for "rocky landscape" and hills and such stuff. Carefully observe haze, lighting conditions and texture of the rock. Textures went pertty well on the right side mountains for now, but the left mountain needs work I think.

Robot Day Newgrounds Skin Robot Day Newgrounds Skin

I really love that skin ! Finding myself often tracing these fine wood texture details :)

Hyper Piper Hyper Piper

Wow, I really dig the colors and highlights here ! I recognize the lineart from earlier pics, but this is the ultimate coloration for this !

deathink responds:

Thanks a lot Kamikaye, it means a lot coming from someone with such a strong understanding of colors and lighting.