All 70 art Reviews

date night date night

I really dig the atmosphere and story told in this piece with limited palette and frame !

radshoe responds:

holy shit thanks man! Means a lot coming from such a talented artist. ;D

The mighty mountains of Midguard The mighty mountains of Midguard

For a first digital landscape it's pretty neat.

First thing for depth would be a background color. A bright desaturated blue for example. So the bright hills get some more contrast.
And it needs stronger shadows if the sun is in a position like this. Like in the bottom right corner, that looks good already.
Coming back to the blue sky, you can use that blue in small quantities as haze in the riverbed to show the distance.
I always start with a background color that represents the atmosphere.
And you might want to look at reference pictures, googling for "rocky landscape" and hills and such stuff. Carefully observe haze, lighting conditions and texture of the rock. Textures went pertty well on the right side mountains for now, but the left mountain needs work I think.

Robot Day Newgrounds Skin Robot Day Newgrounds Skin

I really love that skin ! Finding myself often tracing these fine wood texture details :)

Hyper Piper Hyper Piper

Wow, I really dig the colors and highlights here ! I recognize the lineart from earlier pics, but this is the ultimate coloration for this !

deathink responds:

Thanks a lot Kamikaye, it means a lot coming from someone with such a strong understanding of colors and lighting.

Wan Paaaanch! Wan Paaaanch!

You can be successful as a part time hero !
Really solid brushwork here, I like it. Direct and ambient light really show the material contrast of gloves and clothes. Nice, always a bit to learn when I see pictures like this :)

Azure Atmosphere Azure Atmosphere

I really dig the translucent brushplay in the flowers and ghostly arms creating a similar texture and thus optical connection between those elements, at least for me :) Did you use SAI by any chance ?

AzuraMysteria responds:

Aww,thanks~
Yes, each of my digital works were painted in SAI

Star Eater Dark Alt Star Eater Dark Alt

Like straight from the lovecraftian realm of outer gods :) Really like the muted color palette transporting a grotesque mood !

AKS9 responds:

Thanks! People keep linking this to Lovecraft, which I haven't read (yet?). I did play Eternal Darkness which I've heard was influenced by Lovecraftian horror.

hard impact hard impact

Wow very nice ! I really dig that slight noise in the picture, transmitting a photographic/film feeling.

red planet red planet

Wow, I really dig the texture of the land and the overlay in this. The atmo just sucks one in and makes one feel the warmth of the ssetting sun at that place. :)

Updating Software Updating Software

The color sheme and this fade-effect of the silouette really get me. This picture really hits the spot of the top of a painful cry. Ot a disorientation ? Probably the pictures where you don't know what you're going for in the beginning, are often the best ones.